Hobnobbing with Town & Country movers & shakers

Back to Article
Back to Article

Story and captions by Echo Staff

Maria Inman and Henry Lohmann meet members of the Town and Country Chamber of Commerce at a luncheon in the Cooper's Landing restaurant, September 14. Chamber members invited two students and one teacher from Miriam Academy to attend each meeting. (Caption by Molly Caro)

Maria Inman and Henry Lohmann meet members of the Town and Country Chamber of Commerce at a luncheon in the Cooper’s Landing restaurant, September 14. Chamber members invited two students and one teacher from Miriam Academy to attend each meeting. (Caption by Molly Caro)

Learning how to improve social skills is one thing; that’s one of the reasons many Miriam Academy students are here. But learning how to do that amid a group of strangers, especially when those strangers are professionals, is like being thrown into the fire. Nevertheless, two students returned from their first Town & Country Chamber of Commerce luncheon without a scratch (or burn) on them.

“It was actually pretty cool,” said Henry Lohmann, who, along with Maria Inman, accompanied Mr. Holmes to a meeting at Cooper’s

tc

Maria Inman, Henry Lohmann, and Mr. Holmes visit Cooper’s Landing on September 14 to eat lunch. They were the first group from Miriam Academy to attend a Town and Country Chamber of Commerce meeting. (Caption by Molly Caro)

Hawk restaurant. “I mean, I didn’t like the food, but the people were really nice. It wasn’t as hard to talk with them as I thought it would be.”…