Fall Family Tailgate draws dozens

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fall Family Tailgate draws dozens

Student Sam Cordes and his mother, Amy, work together on their s'more at the Fall Family Tailgate at Miriam Academy on parking  lot, October 29. They were roasting marshmallows then blowing the fire off the marshmallow. (Caption by Maria Inman)

Student Sam Cordes and his mother, Amy, work together on their s'more at the Fall Family Tailgate at Miriam Academy on parking lot, October 29. They were roasting marshmallows then blowing the fire off the marshmallow. (Caption by Maria Inman)

Story and captions by Staff

img_7393psd

Kendall Chamberlin launches the ball while teammate Austin Sams gets ready to score. Kendall and Austin played kickball with nearly all of their classmates at the inaugural Fall Family Tailgate in the back parking lot of Miriam Academy. (Caption by Emma Hente)

img_7341psd

Dom Civella’s mother gently dabs the mouth of a baby at the Fall Family Tailgate. Austin Sam’s mother brought the infant, who she was babysitting for the evening. (Caption by Emma Hente)

img_7357psd

Mr. Civella and Mrs. Wiley, the parents of Dom Civiella and Jacob Wiley, talk about the SUCCEED program at UMSL, during the tailgate party at Miriam Academy on October 29. The SUCCEED program offers a college experience for students with learning disabilities at the University of Missouri – St. Louis. (Caption by Maria Inman)

img_7323psd

Nick Lewis points at an impressive kick made by Dom Civella while playing kickball next to the back parking lot of Miriam Academy. The parents organized the Saturday night gathering, which nearly 50 people attended, to get to know the other families. (Caption by Maria Inman)

img_7369psd

Jacob Wiley ducks under a tree to gets his picture taken at the tailgate October 29. He was watching the kickball game, which took place between the preschool playground and back parking lot. (Caption by Maria Inman)

img_7367psd

Molly Caro and Maria Inman talk about music while sitting on a bench behind Miriam Academy because they were tired of standing. Behind them were classmates playing a kickball game. (Caption by Maria Inman)

Nearly everyone associated with Miriam Academy — from students and parents to teachers and friends — met on a Saturday night in the back parking lot to visit, play and eat…