New clubs provide more options

Back to Article
Back to Article

New clubs provide more options

Jacob Wiley sits in Mr. Holmes’ room using paper towel tubes, toilet paper tubes, and Dixie cups to make a portable speaker. This happened at Jake Wilson's Make It and Take It Club, while students listened to classic rock on November 7. (Caption by Nick Lewis)

Story and captions by Staff

img_8196psd

Bobby Zaitz describes to Dr. Jackson how he made cell-phone speakers in Make It and Take It Club on November 7. The homemade speakers were made with scissors, hot glue, paper towel rolls and Dixie cups. (Caption by Molly Caro)

img_8164psd

Zander Alper and Henry Lohmann make cardboard portable speakers at Jake Wilson’s Make it and Take It Club. Nine students left school with homemade speakers that nearly doubled the volume of their cell phone music. (Caption by Nick Lewis)

img_8146psd

Jake Wilson demonstrates how to make and use the portable speakers at his Make It and Take It Club. Jack Hereford, Henry Lohmann and Zander Alper listen, while Nick Lewis attempts to make a super speaker for his phone. (Caption by Nick Lewis)

In the past month, three new clubs have been added to after-school options for Miriam Academy students. The most recent of these is the Make-it-Take-it club, led by Jake Wilson, who enrolled in October…